Hello there and happy Friday!!!
Design Team member Tatiana is here! Thanks so much for joining me! I’m super excited to be featured on Crafty Meraki blog! Today I came up with a lovely floral watercolor card featuring one of my favorite techniques - heat embossing - and beautiful floral cluster from You Inspire Me Stamp Set.
The idea behind this project was to use the same technique - heat embossing - and the same color of the embossing powder - gold - but to emphasize two completely different looks - metallic gold embossing on dark background vs. watercolor image on white background. I kept clean and simple the rest of the layout as well as the coloring and just added a bit of dimension by adhering the colored cluster and the sentiment with a foam tape.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Put a generous coat of an antistatic powder on a piece of Strathmore Bristol Paper, ink the flower cluster from You Inspire Me Stamp Set with VersaMark clear sticky ink and stamp the image. If you use a stamping positioning tool, impress the image a couple of times to achieve solid outlines.
- Sprinkle a super fine gold embossing powder all across the stamped flowers, heat set the powder with a heat gun.
- Color the whole image with water based markers, using a water brush for blending. I used TOMBOW DUAL BRUSH MARKERS:
- reds 873, 905
- greens 133, 126
- Die cut the flower cluster, using the coordinating You Inspire Me Die Set.
- Paint the stamp edges with FV2 copic marker.
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ panel from blue-violet cardstock.
- Heat emboss another gold flower cluster on the bottom side of the blue-violet background following the same steps as described above.
- Heat emboss in white onto the same blue-violet paper the sentiment from You Inspire Me Stamp Set.
- Glue the background directly on the card base and pop on a foam tape the colored flowers and the sentiment.
- Finish with a couple of matching sequins adhered with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
That's all for today!!! As always thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!!!