Hello friends! Samantha here today to share a bright and colorful card that is so ready for spring! When I received my products for last months Crafty Meraki release, this Crafty Wings slimline die was absolutely my favorite! Almost to the point that I was paralyzed with what to do with it! So I stuck to my usual formula and used a white background with brightly colored wings.
I started by cutting the die from Bristol Smooth cardstock (my favorite for blending and since I knew that technique would be the star, I wanted it to work well). I removed it from my die cutting plates very carefully so that I could keep all of the "wing" pieces in order.
I then chose Distress Oxide inks to blend each section of the wings (going for kind of a rainbow effect). A sticky mat can help keep the pieces in place while you blend. I used the following colors:
- Mustard Seed/Wild Honey
- Picked Raspberry/Seedless Preserves
- Salty Ocean/Blueprint Sketch
- Twisted Citron/Mowed Lawn
Next, I attached the original die cut to a slimline card base using liquid glue and glued each colored piece of the wings in place using the same glue.
I finished the card by adding only the innermost portion of the Thanks Shadow word die at the bottom (I certainly didn't want to cover very much of those blended wings plus it's a perfect fit on a slimline card!).
Thanks for stopping by!
- Crafty Wings slimline die by Crafty Meraki
- Thanks Shadow word die by Crafty Meraki
- Mustard Seed Distress Oxide Ink
- Wild Honey Distress Oxide Ink
- Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide Ink
- Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide Ink
- Salty Ocean Distress Oxide Ink
- Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide Ink
- Twisted Citron Distress Oxide Ink
- Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide Ink