Friday fun with Chloe and April by Sweta

Hello friends, I hope you are all keeping safe. Today I am sharing a card using Chloe and April flower dies from the new #merakimini #merakiflora release.

I had this idea of using the flower dies as a subtle texture in the background but when I first started assembling white die cuts of Chloe on white background it did not look as great as I had imagined… happens now and again to all of us, doesn't it?

Once I had glued on all the die cut Chloe flowers I decided to make it into a ink-blended background using distress oxide inks in fossilized amber, ripe persimmon and wilted violet.

Next I cut out April flower dies from black card stock and sprayed it with brushed pewter Mica spray to give it some glittery stained look.

Once everything was dry I simply glued the April flowers onto the Chloe background and added a sentiment strip from Tim’s Ideology stickers. A piece of dimensional foam was used underneath the background to create a raised look from the sides. And of course I added some of those beautiful rainbow butterfly gems that are also a part of this release. :)

I hope you will give this technique a try in your future crafty projects! Find all the new dies from the release here.

Have a happy weekend.

 

Previous post Next post

0 comments

Leave a comment

Net Orders Checkout

Item Price Qty Total
Subtotal $0.00
Shipping
Total

Shipping Address

Shipping Methods