Hello friends, today I have a spinner card to share with you that was inspired by Jennifer McGuire. This card requires basic circle dies, some flat buttons and your favorite floral dies.
To begin with I cut out the florals in a selection of bright-colored card stock. These dies are a part of #merakimini #merakiflora release. Next I also cut out 2 x 2 1/4 inch circles in green card stock with 1/2 inch circle in the middle to create the holes for the button to sit in. You can adjust this inner circle size depending on the size of the button. Make sure to leave enough room for the discs to rotate around the button. I glued together the two rough sides of these discs so that I ended up with two smooth sides. I also cut an additional circle the same size in velum that will be used a little later.
In the next step I arranged the florals over this circle disk making sure to cut off the stems (where not needed) to keep the middle circle clear of any obstructions. Once I was happy I glued everything onto the disc.
For the background panel I used a stencil and some distress oxide ink in festive berries to create a mandala pattern over dark red card stock.
Now in order to assemble the card together I first glued together two buttons to get a little more height so that the die cut florals will spin freely. Once dry I glued down the button on the center of the card panel (which has been adhered to a regular a2 card base). Once the button is stuck, put the floral disc around the button, add more glue on the top of the button and glue on the vellum circle. Finally added a sentiment on another piece of red circular floral diecut and adhered that onto vellum. Added a few gems and let everything dry for a minute or two.
Seems like a lot of steps but the effect of this spinner card is amazing. I have to hide these cards now since my son will not stop playing with them !! I hope you will give this a try.
Have a beautiful weekend !