Design Team member Tatiana is here! Thanks so much for joining me! I’m super excited to be featured on Crafty Meraki blog! Today I came up with a cute and sweet garden scene created from just one stamp set!
Working on this card, I decided to stamp the illustrations from Just Quillin' Stamp Set with a brown ink instead of a usual black one since I wanted to create soft outlines. I also experimented a little with a color combo and went out of my comfort zone by using brilliant green for the grass portion and a purple violet shade for the sky. I'm really happy with the final result! And what do you think?
- Just Quillin' Stamp Set
- Just Quillin' Die Set (I just want to mention that there's the coordinating die set in case you're interested, but I haven't used it on my project as described in the step by step tutorial).
Step By Step Instructions:
- Stamp on Neenah Solar White paper the outline illustrations from Just Quillin' Stamp Set with a brown dye ink. If you use a stamping positioning tool, ink and impress the images a couple of times to achieve sharp outlines.
- Fussy cut the stamps with the sharp small scissors, leaving a little white edge around.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- hedge E40-E41-E42-E43-E44; E21-E23-E25-E27
- Color the hedges' eyes and noses with a fine tip black marker.
- Trim and score a small slimline card base (6″ x 3 1/2″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a slightly smaller rectangle from a Bristol paper since it's a bit smoother that Neenah paper.
- Ink it with Lucky Clover Distress, Shaded Lilac Distress and Wilted Violet Distress Oxide inks. Use blending brushes for a smooth result.
- Flick some tiny droplets of a clear shimmer spray all across.
- Stamp the sentiment with a black ink.
- Arrange all the elements on the card front and and pop them on a on a foam tape.
That's all for today!!! As always thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!!!