I am back at Crafty Meraki with another card using CM's very own Stitch A Cross slimline die. If you aren't into cross stitching, there are still other ways in which you can use the die! As the die doesn't cut the outer edge, you can tile the die and use it to cut any size. I decided to create a card inspired by the movie Jurassic Park! I used various MFT stamps to put together this scene of some rather friendly dinosaurs, John Hammond and his two grandkids - Lex and Tim. I even tried to get their clothes right! For this 4.25'x7' card, I used the die to create a simple yet dramatic background! Here is how I put this together:
- For my base, I used a lighter shade of brown to die cut using the Stitch A Cross slimline die. I then places this on a cardstock of a darker shade of brown.
- The central semi-circle was die cut using Sunny Studio Stamps' Stitched Semicircle Die. I ink blended die cut panel using dye ink shades of red, orange and yellow.
- For the grass and land, I used Sunny Studio Stamps' Slimline Nature Border dies and slightly ink blended the edges using green and brown ink. I also splattered white and green/brown paint!
- The critters were colored using alcohol ink markers and Prismacolor colored pencils. I used MFT's A-Roar-able Friends, Old Friends and Adorable Adventures stamp sets for the critters.
- For the 'RAWR', I die cut the alphas and added the inner details using colored pencils so that the font looks like the one on Jurassic Park's title card!
That's about it! I hope you liked this movie inspired card :)